Assessment of Complete Coverage
1. Listing data
2. Previous data
3. Benchmark data
4. Population projections
5. Post enumeration survey
• Coverage is assessed at three levels
•All regions crossed 99% completion except Greater Accra (93%).
•Enumeration has concluded in all Districts except 8 Districts yet to reach 95% completion rate.
•Household validation and corrections of errors are currently ongoing.
•Ghana Statistical Service will withdraw from the field on 8th August.
•Enumeration Continues in Districts yet to Achieve Complete Coverage.
• All districts except the underlisted have achieved 95% completion.
1. Ga West
2. Kpone Katamanso
3. Ga North
4. Adentan Municipal
5. La Nkwantanang -Madina Municipal
6. Ga East
7. Tema West
Reasons for the Final Round of Mop-up
• Refusals to participate
• Inaccessibility to residences with restricted access
• Foreign communities
• Coverage in rapidly growing urban areas
Data collection to conclude on 8th August 2021.
• Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) will withdraw from the field on 8th August 2021 and bring the data collection for the 2021 PHC to a conclusion.
• Between now and 8th August, we want all persons who have not yet been counted to come out and say they have not been counted.
• We appeal to the public to use the official channel for reporting
• On the tollfree number 0800-426-426 or any of the other numbers 059-147-
6895, 020-685-0157 059-147-6893, 059-147-6884, 020-685-0157, and 055-162-
Quality Assurance Measures to continue until 8th August
• The period between now and 8th August will be used for correction of errors and quality assurance spot checks nationwide.
• Quality assuring data using previous censuses
• Members of the public should expect census officials to visit households or call to verify data collected by enumerators
• Census officials will be wearing jackets branded with the 2021 PHC and GSS.
logos and carrying photo ID.
• Note: ID cards have the expiry data of 31st July and so Enumerators have been given a letter of introduction for the mop-up period. Persons in doubt should call the toll-free number 0800-426-426.
• The official outbound call numbers will be used for these calls.
• Census Management once again thanks to the public for their cooperation during the exercise
• We express our appreciation to all Census Officials, Field Officers, stakeholders and respondents who have contributed to help bring the data collection exercise to a successful end.
• To persons yet to be counted, please make yourselves available by using the call-back card or informing neighbours of your availability.